Saturday 26 April 2014

Farewell Orange Creamcicle Cupcakes

The title is kinda confusing I guess. I'm not bidding farewell to orange creamcicle cupcakes. I'm using these cupcakes to bid farewell to my sister. That's kinda depressing cuz shes practically the sunshine in my life . So that makes the orange cupcakes kinda symbolical (Orange=sun . Gettit? Non?)

Anywhoo , I've never really had orange creamcicle(or have had but posses no memory of it) but we discovered this creamy orange drink in Ruby Tuesdays once and it was honestly Dream in a Tall glass. Since then we've had the same orange drink (under iota of varying names) all over town . It's so nice and tangy yet creamy and comforting that It deserves a cupcake!

Now i know cupcakes are an Absolute rage on the internet. My favorite cupcake place has to be the CupCake Project. Her creativity in terms of flavour combinations is magnificent. Really inspires me to get my innovation garb on. Post hours of creamcicle recipe research later all I could find was OJ, Jello and Cake mix combos (cake mix is a no-no-nonono-nono-no)
I said to myself- screw that! I am a Prodigious enough baker to make my own recipe (of course I tooka lot of advice form various sources. But hey, not all secrets are told to the world)
I just realize I did share that secret to the world through a public blog . Sometimes I wonder if all that accidentally hitting head on random surfaces actually damages brain tissue. OoohSQUIRREL!

Result: I made a recipe < insert I'm king of the world dance moves>

Lately my kitchen has been filling up with amazeballs bakery utensils. I had my @)th birthday( and I demanded baking products form everybody) ,accidentally tripped into a lot of kitchen stores(I assure you there was nothing accidental about that), et al.
Thus collecting a bunch of loaf tins(breadmaking  I'm coming soon) and  A TWELVE CUPCAKE CUPCAKE TIN! If you hit your head on random surfaces too : I used the cupcake tin for today's cupcakes.

Sippin some juice . Got thirsty
I just realized how much rambling has been done above. Without further ado *teleporting to recipe arena*

Orange Creamcicle Cupcakes

Makes 18-20 cupcakes depending on your generosity( I was a little too generous and made only 17)
Preheat oven to 180 C
Line the love of your life with pretty cupcake liners

Ingredients

2 cups flour ( remove 2 tbsp from that)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup( 150 gm) butter
3 eggs
1/2 (1/4 +1/4)cup orange juice( I used packaged but i can bet fresh is better)
1/4th cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking soda
5(3+2) tbsp orange Tang 
Lets talk about Tang: For those of you who don't know, tang is an orange flavour drink mix.I've used it heavily in this recipe cuz i was too lazy to go buy real oranges and use their zest and i was out of orange oil and the shops nearby didn't have orange essence. HENCE tang.

Method

  • Beat the bejeesus out of butter and sugar
  • Beat in one egg at a time 
  • Add vanilla
  • Pour in 1/4 cup of Orange juice  and the yogurt . B-b-beat
  • Sift in Flour , baking soda and 3 tablespoon tang. fold it in.
  • Add in the remaining OJ. Mix it Lightly
  • Fill up da cuppycake tray
  • Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the top springs back on touch( I'm trying to look for alternates to the toothpick test . Apparently it compromises with the integrity of the cupcakes)

Sprinkle the reaming tang on the fresh hot cakelets . Ice . or eat

Tangy Yogurt Orange Icing

I just ball parked this entire thing but it turned out to be pretty damn awesome . I'm sure marshmallow frosting , buttercream or creamcheese frosting would rock creamcicle cupcakes' world too

DISCLAIMER: Only 6 cupcakes had to be iced so this ices only 6. Double treble or quadruple it to suit your needs. Also it's slightly runny. Doesn't reach stiff peaks

Thou Shalt Need

2 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp  Hung curd/ Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tsp Tang

What to Do


  • Put it all in a bowl and whip it up
  • Put a teaspoon each on top of a cupcake and swirl it away 

Now go give them tastebuds some citrus lovin




No comments:

Post a Comment