Monday 14 January 2013

Nigella's Blessing:Vanilla Cupcakes :)


I love Nigella Lawson. Who doesn't love Nigella ? In fact , the bigger question is -What's there not to love? Shes pretty , she's happy , she makes drool worthy food and eats it too ! Now that we've established my appreciation for the Food Goddess lets move on. I do not posses all her wunderful recipe books .I own only one * hint!hint! My birthday come in 4 months* and that I cherish .This book has a lovely lavender cupcake recipe and the same for lemon cupcakes but today we shall know neither.
Lavender Cupcakes


These are plain vanilla cupcakes that i saw her make on TV which are pretty much the same except the flavors. Nigella just mixes all the ingredients together but I am li'l finicky about my methods.  It's ever-so-slightly longer but that definitely adds to the taste and texture of the cupcakes  The sheer simplicity and versatility of this recipe has driven me to make these cupcakes countless number of times and they come out beautifully , always. I haven't included a recipe for an icing because you need to experience these cupcakes in their purest form , not camouflaged by oodles of sugary stickyness.
Silicon cupcases

The pretty heart one.

I have these silicon cupcake molds that I make these cupcakes in . Silicon really isn't ideal -it doesn't provide even heating, but its just so convenient and easy to use that I'm addicted. I recently got my hands on these pretty patterned cupcake liner that I'm yet to use . Can't wait for that to happen!
The new liners














The Verdict: A friend once called them "Little Drops o' Heaven" and that they are. These cupcakes physically melt in your mouth and are so scrumptious that it cant even be expressed in words. Only my taste buds live to tell the tales of this legendary experience. Do join in.

Cupcakes

Preheat oven to 180 C
Line/grease 12 baking tins

Ingredients:

125 gm (1 cup) Refined flour
125 gm (1/2 cup and 1 tsp) Sugar*
125 gm butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1-2 tablespoon milk

*Measure granulated sugar and then powder it


Method:

  • Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy
  • Add in the eggs one at a time and beat. Mix vanilla essence.
  • Sift in the flour and mix. If batter is too thick then add in the milk
  • Spoon in cupcake tins upto 3/4 of the tins
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes.
EAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment